Monday, April 12, 2010

Ezra Project version 0.2

I just heard from Tobias Klein this morning that version 0.2 of the Ezra Project is now available on his production server. A couple of weeks ago I reviewed the Ezra Project, focusing on the innovative Scripture outlining tool. Now Tobias has released a tagging tool, along with a bunch of small but pleasing enhancements to the look and feel of the site. The tagging tool lets users create their own tags for each verse of the Bible -- it gives the user an interface to explore the Scriptural topics that they have found in their own reading and study. As Tobias says on his development site, his goal is to "help you to work with the Bible and end up with real study results." Unlike other Bible software packages that give you the results of other people's study, the focus is on letting each user develop their own Bible study content.

As an editor of Bible reference content, I know the value of reading Bible study materials written by others, as my own understanding of Scripture has been enriched enormously by using commentaries, Bible encyclopedias, and original language study tools of all kinds. At the same time, I know the value of creating my own annotations as I read -- it is a way for me to wrestle personally with the text of Scripture. So I am enthused to see what Tobias Klein is doing with the Ezra Project, and I wish him godspeed in his efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment