Tuesday, March 2, 2010

About the Digital Bible Blog

Recently, when people ask me what I’m working on for Tyndale House Publisher, I have been telling them, “I’m trying to figure out the answer to the question, How can we make a profitable business out of digital Bible publishing?”

I've spent quite a lot of time over the past few months researching and thinking about this question, and we've even tried a couple of things (like the NLT interlinear site). I recently attended O'Reilly's Tools of Change in order to help answer this question, and I am scheduled to be at BibleTech later this month (March 2010).

So it seems like the time has come to broaden the conversation to a wider community. What do people want in digital Bibles? What do you want? What can we learn from the digital publishing business in general that will help us understand digital Bible publishing? What good examples are there of digital Bibles and Bible study tools? How can we cultivate community around the Bible in online contexts?

These are some of the topics that I hope we can discuss together.

What topics would you like us to discuss here?

2 comments:

  1. I like blueletterbible.com for it's Greek and Hebrew lexicon.

    I like bible.cc for it's simplicity. On it I can see 15+ translations of the same verse, one on top of the other, and next to them on the same page I get 2-10 cross references.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although probably not news to your research, I was pleased to see this in mainstream tech/gadget news. http://gizmodo.com/5493795/jesus-christ-is-the-king-of-the-app-store

    ReplyDelete